All big and small organizations are now adopting digital transformation as it is not a matter of “If!” but a question of “When?” and “How?”. It is a key to long-term success for nearly every industry, but for many, the ability to successfully transform seems out of reach.
This is where SAFe comes into the picture. It helps organizations to navigate digital transformation challenges and move their business forward. It is now practiced by over 70% of the Fortune 500 companies, and many other firms have benefited from SAFe since 2011. Typical results include a 35% increase in productivity, a 50% improvement in quality, a 50% faster time in the market, and a 30% increase in employee engagement and job satisfaction.
As more and more companies have turned to the agile framework, there is now a demand for SAFe-certified professionals. This means that learning to work in an agile environment can help individuals improve their career prospects in terms of job opportunities and salary. So let’s understand what SAFe is and how to get your SAFe certification.
What is SAFe?
- SAFe stands for Scaled Agile Framework, a set of principles and practices that includes the latest thinking from Lean, Agile, and DevOps.
- It is a way of working with aligned strategies and executions that improve quality, efficiency, and predictability for those building important software and systems.
- It is a way to innovate and adapt to the fast-changing market without losing momentum.
- The goal of SAFe is to make it easy for the organizations to scale agile across their organization to meet project and strategic goals.
- SAFe practices are organized around 5 core competencies of the Lean enterprise that focuses on adopting a lean approach to delivering value in the shortest sustainable lead time with the highest quality and minimal waste and process.
SAFe Certification Details
- SAFe certification is a medium that provides validation that an individual is skilled and has the knowledge and mindset to work in an agile environment.
- It has been seen that certified professionals have the ability to support the company initiatives and transformations in a lean and agile enterprise.
- It includes a special test that needs to be passed to become SAFe certified. This exam is very tough for those who do not have proper expertise in implementing SCRUM and SAFe.
- These certifications have 3 levels: Foundational, Intermediate, and Advanced.
- There are also specific courses that one needs to take before they sit for the exam, which include “SAFe for Architects,” “Advanced SCRUM Master,” and “Project Management.”
- The validity for the SAFe certification is 1 year, after which it needs to be renewed every year.
You can get your SAFe certification through Simplilearn Online Learning.
SAFe Certification Exam
- It is a web-based examination that can be taken from anywhere. Candidates will be using a single browser and should have no assistance from outside.
- It will be in a multiple choice format and include 45 questions that need to be solved in 1.5 hours (90 minutes).
- The language used for the exam will be English, and the passing score stays around 34-35 out of 45.
- The candidates can also take a 2nd attempt of the exam anytime after the 1st attempt. However, for the 3rd attempt, they will have to wait for 10 days, and for the 4th attempt, they will have to wait for 30 days.
- The exam costs about $50. The registration includes the cost of the 1st attempt, only if it appears after 1 month of course completion.
Prerequisites for SAFe certification
Those appearing for the SAFe certification exam should fulfill the following requirements before appearing in the exam.
- They should have experience in SCRUM.
- They should have more than 5 years of experience in the software industry in testing, improving, analyzing business, and managing any project or product.
The course is suitable for:
- Managers, Executives, Chief Executive Officers (CEOs), Vice Presidents (VPs), and Directors of an enterprise.
- Managers of programs, projects, and products/product lines.
- Architects working for solutions, systems, and organizations.
- Management personnel associated with quality, analysis, infrastructure, and development.
Benefits of SAFe Certification
Some benefits an individual can get from becoming SAFe certified are discussed below.
- SAFe certification is globally recognized and quite popular among people trying to advance their careers.
- The certification gives immediate credibility as most employers know the value of the SAFe certification process, thus providing a higher chance of getting hired.
- It also helps to add a digital batch to the resume and makes you stand ahead of people who don’t have certifications.
- With more and more organizations adopting SAFe, it has become the most sought-after certification.
SAFe Certification Jobs
- The SAFe-certified professionals will be eligible to apply for all the job openings that require SAFe certification.
- Some job roles available for them are Scrum Master, Agile Project Manager, Sr. Scrum Master, Project Manager, Technical Delivery Manager, Technical Project Manager, Agile Coach, etc.
Higher Salary Package
- SAFe is considered a nice skill in the industry, and thus Scaled Agilists are paid rewarding salaries.
- A SAFe-certified individual can expect a good hike in a new job or in the next appraisal as it enhances the profile, makes them market-ready, and increases employability.
- SAFe-certified professionals are paid at least 25% higher salaries than their non-certified peers.
SAFe Adoption by Organizations
- There has been an increase in the adoption of agile by organizations, and thus SAFe is also included as one of the parameters employers are looking for.
- This certification will prepare an individual for various opportunities and organizations’ expectations.
- Currently, the number of SAFe-certified professionals is low; thus, it provides an edge over others.
If you are interested in becoming SAFe certified and want to open up more opportunities for yourself, then enroll in the coursework now. The courses that prepare you for SAFe are easily available online, including pedagogy methods like online classes, study material, mock tests to prepare, practical sessions, etc. It is indeed a tough exam, but also totally worth it.