The Indian Defence forces are known for showing chivalry on the battlefield. Personnel of the defence forces serve their nation without uttering a single word of complaint. Do you want to become part of these elite forces? If yes, then let us tell you that entering the defence forces is not as easy as walking in a park. You need to crack the onerous phases of the defence exams. Generally, defence exams have two phases: one is a written exam and another is the SSB interview. The written exam has four sections: Quants, reasoning, english and general knowledge. If you want to crack the defence exam in a single go, then it is essential to ace all the sections of the exam. Well, don’t worry! This article can serve you great help to prepare for every section of the defence exam.
Three most prominent defence exams are AFCAT, NDA and CDS. Every 12th pass youngster aims to appear for the NDA exam. Are you one of them? If yes, then let us tell you it can become really hard to study for this exam on your own. So, find an appropriate institute that can provide NDA coaching in Chandigarh. A coaching institute can help you prepare for every section of the exam perfectly. Also, you need to follow a foolproof preparation strategy to master every section of the defence exam. Well, we can help you with that. Just read this article keenly before making a preparation strategy.
Given below are some of the excellent tips that can help you devise section-wise preparation strategy for defence exams:
Lakhs of youngsters work from their fingers to bones to excel in the defence exams. Some of them focus on a single section of the exam. But, this is not the smart way to prepare for the exam. It is important to prepare for every section of the exam. You can enhance your chances of cracking the exam in one fell swoop.
- Quantitative aptitude
This is the most demanding section because it takes a huge amount of calculations to answer problems. Candidates may know more questions in this section than they can attempt due to time limits. As a result, preparing for the quantitative aptitude section might be tedious. The following are some key elements to keep in mind as you prepare for the Quantitative Aptitude section:
- Begin with the fundamentals. Solving this section may get difficult, if you are unfamiliar with all of the underlying principles and fundamentals.
- Because calculators are not permitted in the examination hall, ensure that you perform all calculations independently while studying and gradually raise your calculation speed.
- Learn all of the crucial formulas and tables so that you don’t have to waste time remembering them during the exam.
- Go through the syllabus of the quants section carefully and figure out which topic is difficult for you. Then, give more time to the chapters that are tough. But, don’t forget to prepare the simple topics. Don’t leave even a single topic for preparation.
- English language
English language is the section where candidates lose maximum marks. The main reason behind it is that candidates overlook this section. Note that this is the most scoring section of the exam. So, devote the ideal time to prepare for the English language. Here are some simple tips you can follow to prepare for the english section:
- Listen to podcasts in the English language.
- Read self help books. It can aid in brushing up your grammar and vocabulary.
- Learn at least 5 new words daily along with its synonyms and antonyms.
- Polish your grammar. Make sure you are strong in topics like tenses, articles, prepositions, conjunctions etc.
- You can choose to download an app on your phone that can help you understand basic rules of English grammar.
Note that you need to solve the english section even if you are appearing for the AFCAT exam. If you think you lack the ability to attempt this section, then seek help from the finest source. We would advise you to join a marvellous institute that provides AFCAT coaching in Chandigarh.
- Reasoning ability
You need to have a good common sense to crack the reasoning ability section. No doubt, this is one of the important sections of the defence exams. So, start preparing for this section by adhering to the tips and tricks mentioned below:
- The majority of this section is made up of puzzles and seating arrangements. Read the puzzle carefully and don’t make any assumptions about information that isn’t stated. The key to solving puzzles faster is to practise as much as possible. Always begin by attempting to solve the puzzles.
- Make sure you don’t spend too much time on a single question while working on the reasoning portion.
- Start with the questions you’re confident about.
- Refer to tricks that can assist you in answering questions more quickly and efficiently.
- Make sure you don’t make any assumptions about data sufficiency before answering questions. The most important thing to keep in mind is that whatever information is provided in the question is the only information you have.
- Other areas, such as coding and decoding, blood relations, orientation tests, order and ranking should not take too long to complete.
- General Awareness
It is very easy to prepare for the general awareness section of the exam. You need not to memorize formulas or solve tricky questions. For preparing general awareness, you need to have a good memory. Follow the given tips to prepare for the general awareness section:
- Follow a reliable news channel to keep yourself updated on what’s going around in the world.
- Download an app on your phone that can provide daily current affairs. The best feature of these apps is that they provide daily quizzes. You can solve these quizzes to enhance your knowledge of current affairs.
- Follow a monthly magazine on current affairs.
- Read newspapers in two languages. (One is vernacular language and another is english language)
- Solve mock tests
Mock tests are practice question papers that are designed as per actual exam pattern and syllabus. So, solve maximum mock tests before appearing for the exam. It can help you improve your speed and accuracy for solving questions. Also, you can easily master every section of the exam.
If you are going to appear for the CDS exam, then make sure you have solved maximum mock tests. There are chances you may face difficulty while preparing for the CDS exam on your own. So, seek help from a nonpareil institute that provides CDS coaching in Chandigarh.
We hope that the above points can help you craft a perfect exam preparation strategy. Just make sure you abide by the study plan. Your determination and hardwork can help you taste success in the defence exams.