As the third-largest city in Ohio, Cincinnati is a bustling metropolis that offers something for everyone. With a rich history and culture, this city is full of museums and attractions that are sure to please tourists of all ages. You can explore Cincinnati on foot, bike, or even boat! There’s also a great food scene in Cincinnati, so be sure to try out some of the local favorites. Whether you’re looking for a fun-filled day or a relaxing evening, Cincinnati is the perfect place to be.
What to do in Cincinnati
1. Visit the Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden – home to over 500 animal species and 3,000 plant varieties, the Cincinnati Zoo is one of the most popular attractions in the city. Be sure to check out the African Safari exhibit and the Gorilla World habitat!
2. Take a stroll through Over-the-Rhine – once a neglected neighborhood, Over-the-Rhine has undergone a major renaissance in recent years. This historic district is now home to many businesses, restaurants, and bars, making it the perfect place to spend an afternoon or evening.
3. Explore the Cincinnati Art Museum – with over 60,000 works of art, the Cincinnati Art Museum is one of the largest art museums in the United States. From paintings and sculptures to textiles and photographs, there’s something for everyone at this museum.
4. Catch a Reds game at Great American Ball Park – baseball fans will want to catch a game at Great American Ball Park, home of the Cincinnati Reds. This stadium offers spectacular views of downtown Cincinnati and is just a short walk from many hotels and restaurants.
5. Visit Newport on the Levee – located across the river from Cincinnati in Newport, Kentucky, this entertainment complex features a variety of shops, restaurants, and attractions. Don’t miss the Aquarium or the Imax Theater!
6. Visit a Farmer’s market – Cincinnati’s farmers’ markets are open year-round, offering fresh produce, meats, cheeses, and more. Be sure to check out Findlay Market, one of the oldest and largest public markets in the country.
7. Take a scenic drive – with its rolling hills and winding roads, Cincinnati is a beautiful city to explore by car. Take a drive through Eden Park or along the Ohio River Scenic Byway for some stunning views.
8. Go on a brewery tour – Cincinnati is home to many breweries, including Christian Moerlein, Rhinegeist, MadTree, and Braxton Brewing Company. Go on a tour to learn about the brewing process and sample some of the local beers!
9. Visit Kings Island – located just outside of Cincinnati, Kings Island is a huge amusement park that features over 100 rides and attractions. Be sure to check out the world-famous wooden roller coaster, The Beast!
10. Sample the local cuisine – from Cincinnati chili to goetta, there are plenty of delicious local dishes to try in Cincinnati. Be sure to stop by Skyline Chili or Graeter’s for some iconic foods that the city is known for.
These are just a few of the many things to do in Cincinnati. Whether you’re interested in history, culture, or just want to have a good time, this city has something for you. So come on down and visit Cincinnati – you won’t be disappointed!
Where to eat in Cincinnati
If you’re looking for a great meal while in Cincinnati, you won’t be disappointed. The city has a diverse selection of restaurants, from casual eateries to fine dining establishments. Here are some of the best places to eat in Cincinnati:
1. Montgomery Inn – a local institution, Montgomery Inn is known for its ribs and barbecue sauce. This restaurant is always crowded, but the wait is worth it!
2. The Precinct – located in the trendy Over-the-Rhine neighborhood, The Precinct is a popular spot for dinner and drinks. Be sure to try the shrimp and grits!
3. Rotisserie Geppetto – this Italian restaurant in Cincinnati offers delicious pasta dishes and wood-fired pizzas. It’s a bit on the pricier side, but it’s well worth it!
4. Senate – if you’re looking for a unique dining experience, Senate is the place for you. This restaurant features communal tables and an ever-changing menu.
5. Eli’s BBQ – barbecue lovers will want to check out Eli’s BBQ, which specializes in Memphis-style barbecue. Be sure to try the pulled pork!
6. The Hairy Canary – this eclectic cafe offers a variety of breakfast and lunch items, as well as a full bar. The Hairy Canary is a great spot for people to watch!
7. Taste of Belgium – this Belgian-themed restaurant is known for its waffles, but it also offers a variety of other dishes. Be sure to try the mussels!
8. Boca – if you’re in the mood for fine dining, Boca is the place to go. This restaurant offers creative takes on classic French dishes.
9. Sotto – another great option for Italian food, Sotto specializes in regional cuisine from Southern Italy. The pizzas are some of the best in town!
10. Jeff Ruby’s Steakhouse – located in the historic Cincinnati Union Terminal, Jeff Ruby’s Steakhouse is a classic steakhouse that offers dry-aged steaks and fresh seafood.
No matter what your budget or dining preferences, you’re sure to find a great restaurant in Cincinnati. Bon appetite!
How to get around Cincinnati
1. Driving – Cincinnati is a great city to explore by car. There are plenty of winding roads and rolling hills, so be sure to take your time and enjoy the views.
2. Walking – many of Cincinnati’s attractions are within walking distance of each other, so it’s a great way to see the city. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes!
3. Biking – there are several bike trails throughout Cincinnati, making it a great way to get around town without having to worry about traffic.
4. Taking the bus – the Cincinnati Metro bus system is a convenient way to get around town without having to drive or walk.
5. Taxis – if you don’t feel like driving or biking, taxis are always an option in Cincinnati. Just be sure to have cash on hand, as most cabs don’t accept credit cards.
Cincinnati is a great city for visitors who want to explore on their terms. With plenty of options for getting around town, you can easily visit all of the city’s attractions without having to worry about transportation logistics. So what are you waiting for? Get out there and explore Cincinnati!